Hobbiton Movie Set Tour - A Definite New Zealand Must Do




I have not read or seen Lord of The Rings, yet I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I had read The Hobbit  and watched the film so I, had some idea and of course, know of the legendary director Peter Jackson.


Still, I found the entire village fascinating, even magical. This was not only due to sets and scenery but the fabulous stories told by our host like how the location was discovered, how news of the location leaked, how trees were planted and leaves handsewn, what filming tricks were used and where certain scenes were actually filmed. 


I just adored the Hobbit homes. Maybe because I'm actually hobbit sized myself. 

I hesitate to show you so many pictures because I really think you should go and experience it for yourself but if you have no immediate plans to visit, feel free to look on.




 






 This is the Party Tree where Bilbo's 111th and Frodo's 33rd (coming of age) birthday took place. 
The Party Tree


Almost at The Green Dragon

The Green Dragon From afar

Inside the Green Dragon



 If you don't think you will get to visit and want to read more about how the Hobbiton village came about, Steve Meacham does a great job in his Traveller article of relaying these stories as told by the family and our guide. There is also plenty of information on the Hobbiton website.

Meantime, thanks for stopping by this blog to look at the photos and I do hope you get a chance to visit.

Nina Beilby is a professional photographer based in Chatswood, Sydney, Australia. You can see more of her work at www.ninabeilby.com.au


Social Media:  Facebook |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  |  Instagram




Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Don't Miss A Thing...

* indicates required

Previous Posts

Beautiful Teen Girl Portrait- Funny Faces-Too Much Fun!

Top 5 Photo Tips for Lifestyle Bloggers

Pet Photography - Product Photography

Cambodian kids bring tears of joy! - Our visit to a remote school in Thailand

Keywords The Key To Top Rated Google Searches - Top Lawyer LinkedIn Profile Photo Session

The Worst Bushfires In A Decade - Sydney Bushfire Smoke Over Chatswood

Walking Sydney - Chowder Bay to Middle Head

Vivid Chatswood 2015

The Love Story Part 1 - A Chance Meeting.

High School Formal Dance Photography - Killara High School